Thursday, December 18, 2014

What should a 4 year old know?

A brief note further to my post about what Miles is learning compared to what Caden knew at his age. Where I said I knew that he was learning at his own pace and I know that logically but sometimes I am worried I am not doing enough for him or that I am failing him because he hasn't reached the same level academically. Well, I know it is a silly worry and I said as much in my post. It was more of a voicing the way it feels to be confronted with two normal children with different abilities and wanting to make sure I am the best parent I can be for them.

A friend of mine posted this link for me...

http://www.drmomma.org/2011/11/what-should-4-year-old-know.html?m=1

Which I am very grateful for, thank you Jo! Now I have read this I feel even easier. Miles is really, really happy in his life, he is a joy to be around and he is such a cool dude! He is so friendly and warm. The other day he went up to a random stranger, an older Italian lady in a shop and grabbed her hand and kissed it. She was delighted and so touched. She kissed his hand back and told me that his little act of warmth had made her day. He is such a lovely little peach, I am very proud of him.

He is enthusiastic about helping around the house, he is kind to people and will share his toys with people to his own detriment I have noticed, sometimes. He doesn't mind. He is funny and loves to be the joker in the room, making people laugh. He always gets stuck into games and has no problem going into groups where he doesn't know people, as long as it is interesting to him. Often Caden rides the crest of Miles' confidence, when he doesn't feel confident himself.

So there we are, he is a normal, happy and confident boy, developing as he should and lucky to have the space to do the things he loves with the people he loves every day.

1 comment:

New Beginnings

 The boys are growing. They are now 14 and 11. It's been 2 years since we escaped from Thailand and what a couple of years we have had. ...