Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More regular posts..

It has been suggested that my usual trick of posting monthly means the posts are too long (I agree) both to read and to write .. it used to take me ages!  

So I am going to try (now I have a new laptop that uploads pictures and blogs instantly - oh the problems I was having before with our 1 meg broadband speed (that was on a good day) and my iPad that Caden always nicked!) to blog more frequently! 

Today it has persisted it down, I mean rained. Heavily! All day! We got up about 7.30, Paul was feeling ill and Caden went on minecraft! (more about that later). Miles is recovering from some mild cough so he slept in an extra half hour. So nice to just be able to take it easy when it rains like this. 

I got on with making high dose Vit C Protein smoothie for me and the kids. As I am weightlifting I am drinking the Sunwarrior Raw vanilla protein shakes regularly (nope, no affiliation with them) and because it is so nutritious it is great for the kids too, so easy peasy breakfast today. Oh, but Caden didn't like it, so Miles had his and Caden's too and Caden had an apple and a cashew cookie. Paul went off to work with a sealed jar full of filtered water, vit c and vitamineral green. It looked like pond water haha! He laughed when he saw it but to be fair he has returned home early, quite under the weather and has drunk it all. Fair play!! He will recover quicker and not be so ill because of that.   (I wish I had taken a photo of his face and the tub of primordial soup though). Paul is now in bed watching Game of Thrones and eating a slow cooked chicken soup I made specially because he was ill this morning. (Yes I am an amazing wife! ;)  He also has raw carrot cake which the kids asked for today so I made earlier. Very tasty! I also made a raw cauliflower and pea curry, my favourite. For meeeee!  :) Its been a good day for food prep! I don't usually have the time for cake making lately! 

Food prep success came about because of the morning of no plans. It makes a nice change from the recent busy lifestyle. The kids stayed in their jim jams and played computer games; wrestled; watched a film about sea dinosaurs; watched numberjacks on iplayer and I did my kitchen stuff! It was nice to be able to relax and make some good food. 

Then we went to Caden's trampolining class. 



He usually loves it. Not today!    Oh the complaining.... He did do a few of his turns but I had misjudged his ability to stay for the hour (like he did before the Summer holidays) without me there. He messed about, refused to jump, kept running about with the toddlers etc. In the end I gave up and we packed up and left slightly early. 

We went to the shops for peanut M&Ms (comfort food for me - yes it is important to recognise when food(?) like this will help said simmering bad mood) and we shared a little packet between us. Then we went to the blue lagoon in Bletchley which was on our way home, to walk the dog. It was raining but we had raincoats and wellies in the boot. 

(Look at that cross face. 'Yes this is where we are Mum, can we gooo now!!?!' ) 


So yes, more complaining and wanting to go home... We persevered though and by the end of the walk the kids were really enjoying themselves. We looked for signs of Autumn, rosehips, leaves and berries and they had a huge splash in a big puddle! Plus Noodle got a decent walk. 

(cheering up)
(I am NOT laughing ;) hehe)
(OK I am laughing)
I love this photo! 
(SOAKED!!!) :D 



Caden showed me some of the materials he has managed to get together on his minecraft game. I am astounded. He has really got to grips with the game and is starting to understand how to use materials to create his world. I am impressed with his ability to problem solve and also with what the game is able to teach him about how our material goods come to be.  He is building a house for himself and has made a big pit in the ground where he keeps his sheep, pigs and chickens(!) Maybe we should talk about how to safely pen animals in, its like a crazy animal trampoline with them all bouncing around in the pit. He thinks it is hilarious of course and keeps creating more to put in there. 

Miles has rediscovered his train play table now it is wet and cold outside. 

We got the flashing lights and sounds on the bridge working today so he is well chuffed! 

Its funny! I often feel like we don't do enough variety. Then I write down just one day and realise just how full our day is with a huge variety of things. Very satisfying exercise :) 


1 comment:

Morocco 2023

  Morocco was Miles' 13th birthday present. We were excited as it was our first trip to Africa.  We found an amazing restaurant for Mile...