Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lots of paint

I am procrastinating. I have an essay to finish this evening but I don't want to do it (although it has to be finished tonight) so instead of doing it, I am thinking of other, very important things that need to be done first. Mostly more enjoyable things. So blogging it is... 

Today we went a bit crazy with the paint! 

The late morning really brightened up so they got the palettes and paints out again and their animals and painted them up!


Caden was particularly meticulous about painting only certain areas, I noticed this time. He is autonomously selecting which areas need paint and being much more detailed than before, like one of the dinosaurs had small horns that he had carefully painted red. 



They decorated our little pond with their painted beasts. 


 I loved the crocodile on the rock!


The dino's lurking behind rocks...



...and the jellies in the reeds. 


Then I went inside and did some housework and when I came back out, I discovered Miles had poured himself a load more paint and was decorating the table. I decided to let him carry on,
 he was really enjoying it. 


The end result. Look at the chair seat at the bottom of the photo! 

I have a new job, to clean all that off, though I knew the set needed sanding and repainting this Summer so it's not a major issue. Plus, he needs to experiment with his environment and learn from it...


When I stripped him down to clean all this off him (much to his dismay) he had even managed to get paint up his shirt and everywhere. He was covered. 


Then after the big clean up and some lunch we headed off to the park. They took their wheels... 


We went to another new park and met one of their friends there. Caden is very taken with this huge tyre swing! He is fearless! 


They all made 'cakes' out of the bark on the stumps which Caden 'helpfully' flattened with his feet. They had a lovely play. 


We did the shopping after this and I have to mention Miles in the supermarket. He was so happy to help out, carrying various items around the shop with his cucumber 'sword'. He put loads of things on the conveyor belt, happily yelling the name of each thing he chucked on, imagine a little Milesy voice yelling 'Sardines!', 'Celery', 'Beef' and so on... It was quite busy and there were quite a few laughs around us in the queues at each exclamation. Then when we checked out, they both had a bag each for packing and Miles was so joyful at each item the girl on the checkout gave him, especially the sardines for some reason, he was so funny! He loved helping and proudly carried the bag he had packed (he struggled but still carried it out) back to the door for me. Even food shopping was the best fun ever today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morocco 2023

  Morocco was Miles' 13th birthday present. We were excited as it was our first trip to Africa.  We found an amazing restaurant for Mile...